Re: Re: Help With Caller ID Please

turner228 wrote:

>So having modified my settings.txt, presumably it will be
>overwritten by the next Desktop update

Yes it would (I think) - but only for the new installs of a display -
your existing displays would stay working unless you re-installed them.

>So how do I create another "special to me" instance of the
caller ID
>display for the desktop?

If you wanted your own particular version then duplicate the CallerID
folder & change the name of the display and the folder name within the
library -( see the .ini file within the folder)

>Current versions are
>xAP Conduit~!~xAP Conduit Version 0.7.845 Beta Release
>xAP Desktop 0.0.0.211

The HomeSeer plugin has evolved a lot since the version you have there
to at least 0.8.12x  and a new beta is about to be released - I am not
sure what James' policy is on these later versions so I'll leave this
one to him...

>I am sure there will be more questions as I get into this !

Ask away - everyone learns from these Q's