xFx Pop3 issues

  • Subject: xFx Pop3 issues
  • From: James Traynor
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:47:00 +0000

My mail is stored on linux server which is accessible via Imap and also
POP. Clients connect to this mainly via imap which means the
mailbox/inbox will always have messages in it, this differs from a pop3
typical setup when the mailbox is emptied on each collection.
Configuring xfx pop3 to connect to this mailbox means that every time it
start ups it tries to output a message for each existing message i.e. a
deluge of hundreds of xap messages.After this initial deluge, however,
it works really well keeping track of new messages and send out xAPs
when needed. Could you add an option so that the app will ignore any
new messages in its first scan or maybe have a persistent database of
messages to solve this issue??

Also my inbox when I was setting this up had 233 items in it, the xap
messages sent out had total=233 which is correct, but only about 40
actual messages were sent out. Is there some limit being hit here.
These weren't the first 40 messages though, they were spread out
throughout the 233. any ideas?

This is the latest xfx pop3 running as a standalone service using your hub.

James