RE: Multiple streamers

  • Subject: RE: Multiple streamers
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:44:24 +0100

OK lets try again David ... I shouldn't have rushed a response to the
problem

First you need to ensure that both players are sending xAP events by
individually naming the players (without spaces) in SlimServer and then
starting the xAP SlimServer connector. If it is already running then stop
and start it after naming the players - the SlimServer should remain
running. Now changing tracks on each player should show messages from each
one individually and two devices should appear in Viewer's left hand pane.
If this isnt working the next bit wont either.

Now to add two individual xAP Desktops. Lets create two new ones..
Double click the xAP Desktop tray icon to open the main configuration
screen
- select in the right hand pane an empty display slot and click the
(un)Load
button which should now give you a list of templates you can choose from -
select "Audio Remote Display and Controller" - this is a new
template I
haven't seen before but it even has a picture of the Barix Exstreamer on it
so I assume it works for that - if you do have problems later go back and
choose the "SliMP3 Remote Display and Controller" and work with
that. Now
when you are asked for the name of the device enter (in your particular
case)

kcsoft.slimp3.testserver:OfficeExstreamer

- this will automatically add a key value to the answers.ini file that
contains this string
"slimname=kcsoft.slimp3.testserver:OfficeExstreamer"

- the event buttons also use this value as they pick it up using
%%slimname%% in the target field.

Now do exactly the same process again for the other player but use the
different address

kcsoft.slimp3.testserver:drawingrmexstreamer

And now each should only display the Now Playing for the correct player and
the controls should only control the correct player. Ignore my previous
comments in an earlier message about editing each event separately.

One small point James - the example address misspells KCSoft as KCSSoft...
and I notice David in your examples you are also using kcssoft - the
correct
vendor ID is kcsoft (one too many S's in yours) - that maybe the problem

David if this doesn't work then let me know...

Kevin