Re: Re: PIRs

  • Subject: Re: Re: PIRs
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:41:00 +0000

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 03:44:39 -0000, "near45south"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=dS4Q18GMNgFCUQ0bj-Qe0dKP6aZ1Boum7SiSBWE0_NsyZtys8Rswwn2GFmb7CUMUDI5dWj_1OwKH_n4-hm0">lists@t...</a>>
wrote:

>Has anyone
>on the list thought about collaborating on a benchmark/demonstration
>node or is this all not likely to happen as the protocol has been
>created for commercial designs.

I think that while the xAP protocol is certainly designed to allow
sophisticated commercial designs, it does so equally well for
home-brew applications and devices.

I find the xAP protocol very natural and easy to work with, which is
why I like it so much as it solves all the problems I'd been thinking
on, and generates a ton of new possibilities. Lovely!

As for collaboration, I'd say there's quite a bit of that going on in
the background on various items. I guess it all depends on two or more
similar requirements coming together at the same time. I currently
know bog all about hardware but when I clear my utterly enormous xAP
ToDo list I'm intending having a go ... the best way to learn.

On the subject of PIRs I'd love to have a ready made plug and go
solution, and the VIOM idea sounds enticing indeed. But I do look
forward to hearing more about your work, Alex.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ZhlLWKlzC1rU0IZEJ9QYwfaifMzMB8SlO3N31Gxw8V1G7KTKhSyFF48EPEkBIFl_2zNDG7CVcWezM6WgGg-3">stuart@x...</a>