Re: PIRs

  • Subject: Re: PIRs
  • From: near45south
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:44:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=hQ8l0Xm3ncTzZ-fEXIprTvZSUdrCfT2fZkbus7--b5UyZINKY_nSxc7Z7s303vjpXtmo0QpayY2neprZpNl7iOlIBuow">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Alex Monaghan" <xap@m...>
wrote:
> I'm part of the way through making a simple PIC based device to
read IO
> ports and send an xAP message to a PC serial port (or
RS423/ethernet etc...)
> based on the status of the inputs. The PC would then interpret the
xAP
> message and process accordingly. One of the intended inputs was to
be a PIR.

Exactly how far through? It's this side of the project that I'm most
interested in. But it would appear that most developement work is
being done on the Windows PC platform.

Pointers to possible development URL's/notes/anything for
microcontroller based (Atmel preferred) nodes appreciated. Has anyone
on the list thought about collaborating on a benchmark/demonstration
node or is this all not likely to happen as the protocol has been
created for commercial designs.

regards, Andrew