Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available

  • Subject: Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:43:00 +0000

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:31:44 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=4FQ88BSoPH6Hti1Hf2npDouuJKJjmYH7cHtIrBpCCUoUwbyoccnyfOpm7r9QK1rcZjHXFmyNPgTTzSQl3A">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Not yet tried anything with the large displays.

Me neither. Painting... :((

>One unforseen problem (I doubt you can fix this).
>It's hard to keep my ebay activities secret from SWMBO, when all
>the "you are the highest bidder" and "congratulations,
you've really
>spent too much" automated emails are routed to the slimp3 she's
>listening to :)

<ROFL> !!!!!!!!!!!!!! A true big laugh here from that!! I'm still
chuckling.

Well, in the interests of marital harmony I think a filter list is
required so that emails from certain domains (e.g. "ebay.co.uk"
anywhere in the From address) are ignored completely.

I could extend this to Subject too so that, say, it doesn't report
messages that include "[slimp3_users]" (or
"[girly_pics]", or anything
else that anyone might wish to cover up... ;-)

In fact I could set things up so you can dynamically add/delete such
filters based on xAP messages sent to the New Email OSD app, although
I wouldn't save them so they're persistent - for that you'd need to
edit the .config file.

That's a tiny little change I'll probably slide in tonight if that
will solve the problem? If you find it useful, I'm sure others will
too. It won't be big or clever like true filtering rules but it'll
help a bit, as will another few ideas I've got in mind...

Filter persistence would come in a further future upgrade.

You know, I'm glad you use the Service versions. No pressure to get
the rumoured Windows GUI versions of these apps finished! :)

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=FDbsn312MWv_tPjh4jqQ8adWLpOX4Qm8N-rUIxRZzHPORt4xHXjWnFC-95zPoY3M2y7e1Hl-n6BKnN68cg">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net