Re: GUI Hub Question

  • Subject: Re: GUI Hub Question
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:16:00 +0000

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:11:06 -0500, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=cN70DMTFyizGqQCVW5_neukvRRLtxhlD9Uzn8nl0IqC4ttpFcJpXGaLG3-S6MhAwXBzy4nHf9mfqdi1pT9k">gsullivan@d...</a>>
wrote:

>Actually, now that I look at the JPG more closely, you have a node for
>mi4.watcher.server, but messages (on the right) from mi4.news.internet.
>
>Now I'm really confused...

Ahh, in this case only Watcher has registered itself as a Hub Client
with the Hub application. All the instances are "server" as
they're
running on my Server machine named "Server" (original, huh?).

News is an interesting one (as well as being a wonderful xAPp IMO) in
that its instances are slightly incorrect, or rather the thinking has
changed recently and this will be changing in future I think. That's
on James' ToDo list I believe,so I'll let him wibble about that more
accurately than I can!

Basically there are 3 instance of News running on Server, and each
uses a different instance. But none are implemented as xAP receivers,
so none register with the Hub in order to receive messages - they're
all plain transmitters, and that includes a heartbeat along with the
full messages.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=St-sZhHMmJUyDl2PbNIZn9xM7OjqQyeOA7BKb0_BRICkeS-TXFQ9VMf2hiq4OvKoNTi0pNCJzx8rr30zc1Lp-PM">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net