Re: GUI Hub Question

  • Subject: Re: GUI Hub Question
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:11:00 +0000

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:06:03 -0500, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=p995W2u8DH0sBSXdvnMgUqJdAAc7nuY3aXYP8qjBRZCSGyOosM0H9TeqalGoZhQYDMpSF4qUzO564WYiQD76Bg">gsullivan@d...</a>>
wrote:

>Another question, in a new thread to keep it easier to manage...
>
>I see in your GUI Hub JPG that you have a different node in the
treeview for
>each Manufacturer (KCSoft and mi4). But my manufacturer doesn't show at
all
>in the treeview... the messages show up fine in the ListView, but there
is
>no node on the left. Is there supposed to automatically?

That'll be because your app isn't a proper Hub Client application and
therefore isn't registering itself as a Client connection in the Hub
clients tree.

You mentioned you started a Heartbeat Pump. Well, doing that looks to
mean your apps is a very basic xAP Transmitter application ie it only
sends messages, not receives.

What you REALLY want to do is to create a Listener object and start
that instead of the h/b pump. Try doing this:

{
xAPListener listener = xAPListenerPortDetector.CreateConfiguredListener();
listener.Start();

: // Stuff

listener.Dispose();
}

You'll see that pattern time and time again the source for my various
xAPps. It's basically the shortest possible route to setting up a
receiver/transmitter xAPp. It will automatically deal with the Hub or
HubClient protocol for you, as that's all built into xAPFramework (or
xFx as I call it a bit now).

>Just what you need, another pesky developer, right? ;-)

All input welcomed. You'll likely see things totally differently to
me, but I do appreciate the comments.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=1TUSaAHHk5Ew99-kyNiQJRIhMoD3rvIMwmLQsrfD4TXu1Dha61sRgeR16fAGYvn9FF7IX6jUKK2YeATU4_blQxM">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net