Re: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller

  • Subject: Re: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller
  • From: Max Barker
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:00:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Yeah, perl
will be my first major programming language. As part of my job I program
CNC machine centres, they're basically simple alphanumeric commands moving
on an xyz grid. The bit I'm really good at is simple logic routines
automating calculations, branching programs, downsizing repetitive programs
by looping subroutines. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">All of my
programming sense comes from the logic derived from my experiences with
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I did
learn WML a few months ago, but forgot it all when I realised it was no
good to me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I was keen
to use a database as I was considering a program with many blank
redundancies built in. My logic was it would be easy to refer back to a
familiar database to add a new xAP device, than add code for a specific
device. I expected someone to recommend against a database to keep the
network decentralise:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I've got a
nice little self-tutorial lined up for a plugin. I'll make a final decision
about the main plugin after I've got some experience with
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2">Max</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Kevin
Hawkins</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xap_automation@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, August 17, 2003 2:39
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> RE: [xap_automation] Slimp3 as a xAP
display &amp; controller</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>&nbsp;&nbsp; > From: Stuart
Booth &nbsp;&nbsp; > As it happens, my SliMP3 connector does
that too! That Whole House&nbsp;&nbsp; > Audio (WHA) schema on
my web site was my 2nd stab, I think, at a&nbsp;&nbsp; > general
schema for all types of MP3 players, but it had SliMP3&nbsp;&nbsp;
> extensions for specific items.OOPs - If I thought for a moment I knew
that, as I studied your mp3/audioschemas - sorry ! &nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp; > &nbsp;&nbsp; > But this is what I
didn't finish implementing. Ages ago I had a&nbsp;&nbsp; >
version that read SliMP3 events and output them on-screen, but I
never&nbsp;&nbsp; > xAP-tised them. It's one thing on my
enormous ToDo list. Oh, for a&nbsp;&nbsp; > week off work...I
have been out doing a rain dance too ;-) I know how you feel though Stuart
- there are just so many things that arecrying out for xAPping - Max I
welcome you as
another helping hand here,&nbsp; bewarned it's addictive
though.&nbsp; Would Perl be your first major programminglanguage or are
you familiar with others ??&nbsp;&nbsp; > &nbsp;&nbsp;
> BTW, Max, MarkH has a db logging app available. He wrote this a
while&nbsp;&nbsp; > ago:Ahh yes... I sort of knew about this too
although I haven't played with itmyself - this might be another way of you
starting with just focussing onone xAP from a SliMP3 plugin
Max..&nbsp;&nbsp; > &nbsp;&nbsp; >
66&nbsp;&nbsp; > The "Log all xAP messages to a
database" program is ready for alpha&nbsp;&nbsp; >
testing.K - had a forgetful day obviously - but got his Ethernet downloader
fullyworking - I can now update my xAP Rabbits code remotely
!!</TT><TT>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
to:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</TT><TT>Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</A>.</TT> </BLOCKQUOTE>