New build of xAPFramework.net available

  • Subject: New build of xAPFramework.net available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:36:00 +0000

At long last I have finally uploaded my current development build of
xAPFramework.net onto my web site at the usual address:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/index.php";>http://www.xapframework.net/index.php</a>>

A full note on this and the change history for this release is
available here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=26";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=26</a>>

If anybody's interested in the full source code for this it's
available here, ready to build in Visual Studio 2003:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=7</a>>

I've also uploaded the corresponding builds of a few of my more
popular xAP applications. Mostly they're the same, but they all
automatically pick up any bug fixes and enhancements that made it into
the xAPFramework itself:

xAP Hub
xAP Send
xAP Listener
SliMP3 Connector (which I've already mentioned)

[Don't unzip over the top of an old installation]

xAP Send is a little more helpful in what it reports if it doesn't
like the message you're trying to send (thanks to Kevin for some
assistance here ... ;-)

xAP Listener notably can now optionally ignore its own heartbeat
separately from the h/b's of any other xAPs. This is quite useful so
you can spy on the xAP messages without regular h/b messages
cluttering up the display. An entirely new version of this is
currently in development...

For those in the know, DEADBEEF is now a thing of the past, although
it remains in some of the older xAPps until I update them next.

I've still got loads of things to add but I wanted to get a new build
out for anybody that's interested. A 'News' schema encapsulation next
me thinks... <wanders off to James' site>

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=e8-hNpRJ8is-FXNVPptz8MRufRnue4xy0MMF1iLYkfsIN9B-Cu7iST39Z94kB4WFsn0_HXQwDTAx6G7kpkQpuuI">stuart@x...</a>