Re: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller

  • Subject: Re: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:02:00 +0000

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:39:23 +0100, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=LtFTdu9HZ8Ha1WCWGX_WNA-wLV1GjczRPvr7um_mEUKCcX_YkXoiPFmQmjLUNqK65P_NYsQRBCXbKgRxV9k">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

>OOPs - If I thought for a moment I knew that, as I studied your
mp3/audio
>schemas - sorry !

d8-)

I daresay I've forgotten about many items even in my own source code
already too. Couple more months and it's a year old!!

On the topic of a SliMP3 xAP display &amp; controller, personally
speaking
I like the 'push' application. Ie I'd leave the Slim Server alone and
I'd command it with what I wanted. That way I can control *any* kind
of display device, be a Fuji tablet mounted on a wall, a VFD display
in the wall, a computer display popup, TiVo, etc etc.

I don't have to duplicate the internal logic or rules I write for the
Slim for other items, unless specific customisations are required.

Of course, having the SliMP3 connector ability built into the Slim
Server s/w would be ideal as I imagine it would allow much finer
control over the SliMP3s.

I can't see myself learning Perl at the moment though as my list of
xAP items to do is simply enormous enough already!!

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Z-QkSpTkRv60p80C2ryz1VGw3QL95uF9zrFxagbGAGd0WJbCLNtUMZGfozCcekaCDmUW3doX4lxT3txxwdW9Aw">stuart@x...</a>