RE: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller

  • Subject: RE: Slimp3 as a xAP display & controller
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:39:00 +0000

> From: Stuart Booth
> As it happens, my SliMP3 connector does that too! That Whole House
> Audio (WHA) schema on my web site was my 2nd stab, I think, at a
> general schema for all types of MP3 players, but it had SliMP3
> extensions for specific items.

OOPs - If I thought for a moment I knew that, as I studied your mp3/audio
schemas - sorry !

> But this is what I didn't finish implementing. Ages ago I had a
> version that read SliMP3 events and output them on-screen, but I never
> xAP-tised them. It's one thing on my enormous ToDo list. Oh, for a
> week off work...

I have been out doing a rain dance too ;-)

I know how you feel though Stuart - there are just so many things that are
crying out for xAPping - Max I welcome you as another helping hand here, be
warned it's addictive though. Would Perl be your first major programming
language or are you familiar with others ??

> BTW, Max, MarkH has a db logging app available. He wrote this a while
> ago:

Ahh yes... I sort of knew about this too although I haven't played with it
myself - this might be another way of you starting with just focussing on
one xAP from a SliMP3 plugin Max..

> 66
> The "Log all xAP messages to a database" program is ready
for alpha
> testing.

K - had a forgetful day obviously - but got his Ethernet downloader fully
working - I can now update my xAP Rabbits code remotely !!