Re: Replacement for X10?

Nick

A few of our links for you below to start at...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/home-automation-technology-choices

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/lightwaverf-home-automation-system-in-depth-review.html

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/homeeasy-wireless-home-automation-review.html

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/category/zwave

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/category/insteon

Thanks

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Nicholas Humfrey <njh@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't believe I have only just discovered this mailing list! I have
> been a home automation fan for a very long time, and a few years ago
> bought a number of Marmitek X10 modules.
>
> However in the past year several of my X10 modules have stopped
> working. Some of them have started having interference problems (I
> think), a couple of the DIN modules have some kind of electronic or
> mechanical problem. And my cat snapped off the RF aerial of my USB
> controller!
>

> It is time to move on but what is the best alternative?
>
> - LightwaveRF
> - Home Easy
> - Z-Wave
> - Rako
> - Bye Bye Standby
> - Insteon
>
> Ideally it would be something affordable, easily available in the UK
> and controllable from Linux.
> Two-way communication is desirable - like to know that the light
> actually received the message to turn on.
>

> nick.

> Yahoo Groups Links

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums