Re: Drilling Blanking Plates?

Tracey

The ones I borrowed had a little guide that retracted on a spring up the
middle, it was a kit that came with the drill. Definitely made a great job
of the plastic, I suppose it is designed for steel. There are core bits
with a pilot bit at the centre too

Regards

Simon
---
10 out of 10 people die.
Are you ready?
Find out at: http://Luke-15.org/Jesus/ <http://luke-15.org/Jesus/>
Please consider this as there is nothing more important.

On 15 July 2013 14:07, Tracey Gardner <tracey.gardner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Simon
>
> Yes they sound great but how did you ensure that the core drill  was
> centered on the location of the hole?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tracey

chipping=
.
> However, I then borrowed a pillar drill, which makes it really easy to
> drill straight, and I also got the lend of some core drill bits that
look
> like these:
>
> http://xinxing.en.made-in-china.com/productimage/BvHEJVwyAxko-2f0j00MSRQv=
YlBbroK/China-HSS-Core-Drill-Bit-Weldon-Shank-.html

> They made a perfect hole every time, and I'd recommend trying to get
your
> hands on one.
>

> HTH
>

> Regards
>
> Simon
> ---
> 10 out of 10 people die.
> Are you ready?
> Find out at: http://Luke-15.org/Jesus/ <http://luke-15.org/Jesus/>
> Please consider this as there is nothing more important.
>

> On 15 July 2013 05:50, Dave McLaughlin <dave_mclaughlin@xxxxxxx
> >wrote:
>
> > I'll back you up on that Rob. A step drill in your tool box is a
great
> > thing
> > to have. It even works great on thin sheet metal etc. Far less
chance o=
> > it
> > catching and breaking the plate.
> >
> > I used to have 2 different sizes (wish I still had them now) and
they
> were
> > not cheap but they are worth it if you plan to do a lot of large
holes.
> > Even
> > the small one for doing, say 10mm holes, is far better than a
10mm dril=
> > bit.
> >

> > Dave...

metal oxid=
> > grinding bit to extend it......... Worked ok at first, but on the
2nd
> hole
> > the plastic melted, rendering the grinding bit useless, the motor
on th=
> > (cheap) dremel style device burned out, and 3rd attempt (new bit,
new
> > tool),
> > the bit "caught" and fractured the plate. :-(
> >
> > A stepped drill bit did the job in the end!
> >
> > I have some very nice momentary contact push buttons for sale if
anyone
> is
> > interested @=C5=815 each +P&P :-)
> >
> > R.