Re: Re: Raspberry Pi in HA?

Hi Dave,

Great advice. Those were early designs, and until I was sure that i2c was
available on RaspberryPi no more work had been done.
Now that i2c is more proven work can begin, I'm considering a range of i2c
enabled products that can be used. 1-Wire being one of the first modules.
There is then the matter of Pi itself, which in its current form isn't nice
from a packaging point of view, with connectors on all 4 sides.

I'd appreciate any thoughts that people may have on what they'd like to be
able to use a RaspberryPi for ?

Thanks

Stuart

On 20 May 2012, at 15:20, Dave McLaughlin wrote:

> Hi Stuart,
>
> PCB's look like done with Eagle.
>
> Without seeing the schematic I can't confirm what's on the PCB in
detail but
> I don't see any decoupling capacitors on any of your 2 boards you
show.

> Earlier in my PCB design myself and later my friend used to build
PCB's
> without any these and always wondered why they would sometimes stop
working
> or be troublesome.
>
> You ideally want at least 100nF at each device and/or at each VCC
supply pin
> for each IC. The closer to the device the better. I also include a
minimum
> of 4u7F cap at the power input for each board.
>
> Sorry if you already have these but just an observation of the current
> layouts you posted.
>
> Cheers.
> Dave...

Pi.

> I've done some initial designs for breakout boards
>
> http://raspberrypi.homelabs.org.uk/raspberrypi-1-wire-expansion/
>
> I'm willing to take suggestions and ideas though.
> I'm also looking at i2c i/o options for example i2c relay modules.
>
> Stuart

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums