Re: Ipad 3

Hi,

visited the Apple store and tried my ipad with another charger and it
works=
fine, bought a cheap charger from Clas Ohlson (really cool shop, why did n=
obody tell me?) for =A38 and its working fine now - duff charger - I'll
pro=
bably return to Apple if I can be bothered.

Thanks

Tim.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> The supplied iPad adapter (which as others have said is a more
powerful 1=
0W
> unit rather than the 5W version supplied with iPods and phones) will
char=
ge
> iPad quite quickly and certainly charges the unit while you are using
it.=
If
> it says "not charging" when connected to the charger then
you either have=
> fault (either with the charger, cable, or iPad) or simply the wrong
charg=
er.
> As other posts have said, you can use the iPhone/iPod adapter or the
USB
> cable on your PC and you will then get the "not charging"
warning.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Neil B.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
I'd a=
sk
> a question. I bought an Ipad 3 (I know I said Never Never Never, but
ther=
> you go!) and on the whole I have been pretty pleased with it - there
are
> some "theological" matters that I have issue with, but I
sort of knew tha=
> when I made the choice.
>=20
> I do have a problem with the charger - if I connect it the Ipad shows
"No=
> Charging" even though it is - albeit pretty slowly - but last
night I got=
> low battery warning, so plugged it in and continued to watch a movie
and =
the
> thing ran out of gas whilst plugged into the charger - surely the
charger
> should be able to keep it awake. Is this a "feature" I have
to live with =
or
> is there an issue with the output of my charger or Ipad charging
circuits=
?
>=20
> TIA