AV distribution

  • Subject: AV distribution
  • From: "ewenjc" <ejc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:04:54 -0000

Switching from Sky to Virgin and the lack of rf modulated output is
making me reassess how my AV is distributed.

Current setup:
Sky in lounge. Output by coax to node0. Distribution amp to coax patch
panel and on to individual TVs with IR returned on same coax cable. DVD in
lounge fed into old VCR acting as modulator and distributed as per Sky. WD
Live TV in lounge not distributed.

I can carry on this way by adding an RF modulator to the virgin TiVo box.
Is it possible to have one modulator that will take all 3 sources and
switch?

I could move all 3 sources to node0 and send picture and audio to lounge
over cat5 or coax (only one cat5 I think). Current 8yr old 42" plasma
is low def, so want good picture but don't need HD (yet).

Are there any other options I should consider? And which do you think is
the best approach.

-Ewen

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums