Re: Light level monitoring - to add to Homevision/Comfort

  • Subject: Re: Light level monitoring - to add to Homevision/Comfort
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 22:30:39 -0000

Hi gary,

I was under the impression that the light level setting on the outdoor PIR
is acttually set at the pot on the unit itself and cannot be manipulated
via the toolkit like 360 degree indoor sensor. The POT settings are shown
on the final page of the instructions

For this reason i have  an external cbus light sensor acting as an enable
for the various PiR's both in and outside the house such that all of them
have a uniform reference point.

I am currently trying to get my head around cbus logic and intend to move
the light sensor to the measurement application and will then run logic on
wiser to give a more refined level of control.

Regards

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Gary Tall" <gtcs@...> wrote:

> Folks, I'm sure this has been covered in the past but I'd like to add
some
> light level monitoring to my system to determine when the ambient
light
> level requires the lights on indoors. My system is basically
> Homevision/Comfort/Kevin's gateway/C-Bus.
>

> Most of my logic is in Homevision and to date I've been using offsets
from
> its sunset and sunrise times and whilst ok it doesn't cover when its
> overcast.
>

> I've searched but can't really find what I'm looking for, what do
people
> recommend using to incorporate light level monitoring.
>

> Thanks guys
>
> Gary
>

> PS Mark, I've been doing some major upgrades again but I have not
forgotten
> that article we talked about

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums