Re: Re: blu-ray rips

I should have also have mentioned that Video.NET will also produce MP4
files, which should be suitable for playing on an Apple TV. Only caveat
is that you need a Windows PC to run the software on, but I guess the
.NET part of the name might have provided a hint in that direction.

Geoff

On 31/05/2012 14:39, Paul Gordon wrote:
> Thanks Geoff...
>
> I only want the main movie, not the menus, extras, other languages
etc.

> As for subtitles, I only want them when they are part of the English
> language soundtrack, for instance the scenes in Kill Bill, when the
dialogue
> switches to Japanese even in the English version, or in LOTR when they
start
> speaking Elvish, and so on...
>
> Fortunately, I do happen to have many terrabytes of storage to play
with!
> :-) - however, since my current main TV doesn't support 1080p (I was
an
> early adopter, and got a 50" Panny plasma before 1080p was
ubiquitous), I'm
> more than happy to drop down to 720p - which is still way better than
DVD
> resolution...
>
> Paul G.

Video.NET.

> I am prepared to sacrifice absolute quality in order to fit within the
> current constraints of my server storage.
>
> Geoff
>
> On 31/05/2012 10:51, Paul Gordon wrote:
>> No, other than I hadn't realised this was an option or a good
idea!...

>> Not the default setting offered by DVDFab...
>>
>> I did a little reading yesterday on the subject, and I'm a
*little*
>> bit more informed now...
>>
>> It would seem that FireCore has at last succeeded in jailbreaking
the
>> new 3rd gen Apple TV, - so I think I might have to get one soon to
>> experiment with... with one of those I obviously get 1080P
support...

>> Will report back over time as I make any progress...
>>
>> P.

which is a