RE: Mobile broadband and CCTV

Tim,

I don't have any experience of Vigor routers with dongles, although found
them to be top notch when we used ADSL.

The coverage maps have finite resolution so wouldn't rely on them too
much. Do you know where your local serving site it? Do you have Line of
Sight or Near Line of Sight. Being 2.1GHz radio it doesn't bend very well
(although it can reflect quite nicely).

You can get an idea of what is in your area using this web-site but again
not fully reliable http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

My solution has the router/dongle 20 ft in the air which means I get a
reasonable signal, there is no signal at all at my house.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Reviews/My-Automated-Home-Nigel-Giddings-In
stalling-Broadband-in-a-Rural-Location.html

If signal strength is an issue I have heard people get good results with
these

http://www.deltenna.com/products/wibe.aspx

HTH

Nigel