Re: {Disarmed} Re: Anyone using HP Microserver as vmware ESX Server?

> That's normal for ESX/ESXi. You have to connect in with a client in
> order to do anything remotely useful. You can always use the CLI for
> basic management, but that's all. The client is vSphere, and I believe
> you need to pay for it.

Not quite, vSphere client is a free download from VMWare. It's the best
way to manage ESXi and gives you console access to the VMs hosted on it.

> If you want to have a moderately useful host OS, go with VirtualBox or
> KVM. If you want a less useful host OS and a free client, go with XEN.

XenServer is also free, but again requires a remote client to manage it,
and access the VMs hosted on it.

Cheers

Neil

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums