Re: 19" rack mount equipment

  • Subject: Re: 19" rack mount equipment
  • From: "Scott" <jslewis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:36:28 -0000

Simon's right, when it comes to 19" racking, cheap doesn't really
come into it! Even if you pick up a margin rack on eBay, reason being is
that although the International Standards Equipment Practice (ISEP)
19" racking might lead you to believe that racking kit from various
manufacturers might be comparable, other than U heights and boating
equipment or shelves to the vertical rails, precious little else is
compatible from one rack manufacturer to another. So when it comes to
obtaining accessories for your rack like chassis rails etc. You'll be
entering a minefield unless you know the rack manufacturer and can obtain
their spoke parts.

My advice would be to accept it's going to be expensive from the outset and
go with Middle Atlantic products, they have a vast range of racks and
accessories from plain shelves, through a wide variety of cable management
to pull out and swivel rack cabinets. They are not cheap by any
imagination, however, you will end up with a professional looking
installation, rather than a load of dexian that came from a scrap yard.
They also manufacture custom shelves, which give a very clean and sleek
look to the front of the rack.

Check out their website at www.middleatlantic.com, the UK distributor is
RGB communications who are trade only, but will put you in touch with a
retail dealer near you.

That's my two penneth, hope it's of use.

Scott

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Simon Kennedy <sdk@...> wrote:

> On 05/03/2011 21:43, dreamgreenhouse_com wrote:
> > Where is the best/cheapest place to get 19" rack equipment
please?

> > Rob
> > http://www.dreamgreenhouse.com
>
> For the stuff to go in racks - www.xcase.co.uk is pretty good.
>
> For the rack itself - There's nowhere 'cheap' apart from finding
> something on ebay or doing it yourself
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/New-Products/Home-DIY-Rack-Wins-Creator-a-20K-Car.html
> http://goo.gl/XzQsK

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums