Re: Apple Announce iPad 2 - Everything You Need to Know

  • Subject: Re: Apple Announce iPad 2 - Everything You Need to Know
  • From: "draxwyn" <draxwyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 23:33:17 -0000

Hi All,

Shame that it did not have a retina display, although possibly a good
thing=
, as an app developer my company could not afford to buy another apple
prod=
uct.

On another, although slightly related note;

I recently received my Adam Tablet (made by notion ink) cost about =A3340
f=
or top spec wifi and 3G model. Received it 3 days ago and so far I am very
=
pleased with it.

~D~

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "ian" <ianh1000@...> wrote:

> Hi Mark,=20
>=20
> The choice seems to be around the hardware installed and the network
tech=
nology supported rather than being tied to on carrier or not. Not sure
whic=
h of the 2 works in the UK but I assume it is the GSM version . Can anyone
=
confirm? But if I run my phone as a WiFi access point do I really need to
s=
pend that extra money at all?
>=20
> I have also been given management approval to purchase, I am going to
San=
francisco the last week of this month, I hope I will be able to pick one
up=
as there seems to be a good saving with current exchange rates.
>=20
> But I am also tempted by the HP tablet running WebOS, I have a Palm
Pre 2=
and I am very impressed with that. The Apple kit is great but a little too=
locked down.
> It would be good to know what that would cost.
>=20
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Gardner" <mark@> wrote:
> >
> > So the $64m question is....
> >=20=20
> > Will the (AT&T) 3G iPad 2, like the 1, be unlocked and work
with a UK S=
IM? This statement on the (US) Apple website is ambiguous: "The iPad
you ch=
oose is configured to work only with one carrier." It could of course
just =
refer to AT&T vs Verizon.
> >=20=20
> > I've been waiting for the 2, and am in the US soon, so..... :-)
> >=20=20
> >=20
> >=20
Know