Re: Apple Announce iPad 2 - Everything You Need to Know

  • Subject: Re: Apple Announce iPad 2 - Everything You Need to Know
  • From: "ian" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:28:02 -0000

Hi Mark,

The choice seems to be around the hardware installed and the network
technology supported rather than being tied to on carrier or not. Not sure
which of the 2 works in the UK but I assume it is the GSM version . Can
anyone confirm? But if I run my phone as a WiFi access point do I really
need to spend that extra money at all?

I have also been given management approval to purchase, I am going to
Sanfrancisco the last week of this month, I hope I will be able to pick one
up as there seems to be a good saving with current exchange rates.

But I am also tempted by the HP tablet running WebOS, I have a Palm Pre 2
and I am very impressed with that. The Apple kit is great but a little too
locked down.
It would be good to know what that would cost.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Gardner" <mark@...> wrote:

> So the $64m question is....
>
> Will the (AT&T) 3G iPad 2, like the 1, be unlocked and work with a
UK SIM? This statement on the (US) Apple website is ambiguous: "The
iPad you choose is configured to work only with one carrier." It could
of course just refer to AT&T vs Verizon.