Re: Solar PV ?

Apologies to hijack the thread slightly

Does anybody have experience with SolarEdge inverters?

I am considering using them they are very efficient 97% but when used in
co=
njunction with a power optimizer box that goes on each panel it manages
eac=
h panel individually so shading on one panel doesn't affect the whole
array=
as well as allowing multiple differnt length strings of panels to be added=
to the same inverter and are claimed to icrease real power output of the p=
anels by as much as 25%.

I was originally looking at these boxes as they add per panel power
monitor=
ing capability as well as system level and also if the inverter is
switched=
of for maintenance then the DC output from the array is also off which my =
installer is happy about!!

Inverter plus the boxes for a 3.3Kw setup (12 panel) is looking like about
=
=A31,400+ vat which isn't cheap but if the claims are justified then the
in=
vestment could prove very worthwhile.

Many thanks

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Peter + Jane <pandj.munnoch@...> wrote:

> Hi Mark
> What kit do you use for ha with PV?
> My goal is a logic "if generating "x" more than
"being used", turn on=20
> "whatever""
> At the moment I do this manually. Owl + USB on consumption, Efergy=20
> (which was my predecessor to Owl, so in the drawer) for generation.=20
> X10 for "turn on".
> There was a thread (request) re some sort of auto controller, but
it=20
> got nowhere.
> Appreciate your thoughts.
> Rgds
> Peter
>=20
> At 21:35 02/06/2011, you wrote:
> >RF clamp meter at a suitable
> >point so I could record generation data to my HA setup straight
away.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums