RE: Re: Solar PV ?

James,

8 weeks was about the same lead time as mine, which are due to be
installed=
on Monday :). I think all the (decent) installers are very busy at the mom=
ent, given the greater awareness of the Fits scheme, the imminent increase
=
in electricity costs and very sunny weather we've been having recently.

I managed to get 3.99KWh passed by our DNO (Electricity North West) but
the=
y are now *trying* to backtrack to 3.84KWh. My installer was telling me
tha=
t the DNO's use different nominal voltage values for their calculations.
No=
rthwest use 240V so we are fortunate that our maximum is 3.84KWh but I
gues=
s WesternPower use 230V to compute their maximum hence 3.64KWh. He was
also=
telling me about another client who's DNO wanted to charge them =A34500 to=
go above the 16amp limit! That's effectively =A34500 for an extra 190Watt =
(3.80 to 3.99)

When "Tesco" quoted for our install they wouldn't quote for
anything over 3=
.64KWh because of the potential issues with DNO's,and they still came out
a=
s the most expensive quote, even against others quoting for 3.99!  When
Tes=
co rang me back to ask what I thought of their quote I told them I had
deci=
ded to go with a cheaper quote. The lady on the phone then immediately
offe=
red me a 20% discount, dropping their quote from =A313999 to =A311200 and
s=
till with =A3200 clubcard points. Tactics like this really annoy me,
basica=
lly inflating the initial charge and then reducing it if the customer
doesn=
't accept it.... needless to say they still didn't get my custom!

I guess your pretty much south facing to get those annual estimates.

Marcus