Re: 20 Bay 4U case unRAID build

On 26/02/2011 23:54, keyvan2r wrote:
> I am building a new storage server as my first build was more for
proof
> of concept and I am now happy enough to build a more long-term unRAID
> storage for DVDs and BluRay movies.
>
> I am using a XCase RM420 4U 20 bay case which will give me a potential
> 38Tb server when fully populated with 2Tb drives.
> Here is a link to some photos of the build:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6jvmbkn

Nice pictures.

There's also Flexraid http://www.flexraid.com/ if you want an
alternative to Unraid

I've only managed an 8 disk media server like the AutomatedHome jukebox
though I'm using FreeBSD and ZFS instead of Unraid. Will be interesting
to hear your experiences of Unraid.

If you need some more reading on the various options...

There's a long thread here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1071162

And lots of others here
http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29