Re: Do I Really Need To Run Coax?

  • Subject: Re: Do I Really Need To Run Coax?
  • From: "vex220" <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:45:07 -0000

Long Post, Sorry.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Please run in coax, at least one run per tv.

Why, all TV's come with tuners so why not use it. Also Freeview HD is here
=
and really rather good without needing to take up a HDMI input on your
matr=
ix or another subscription with Sky!

Worst case, you can use it to send IR signal across it, or even an HDMI
sig=
nal
.

As standard I still install a couple of Coaxes, not because the client
want=
s them, but because there is no way of knowing what the next owned want
fro=
m the system etc.

Also, Please don't be fooled by the cheap cost of HDMI balun, they can not
=
be reliable or the results be repeatable. So much so I have stopped using
a=
ll but one manufacturer where I know I will get the support if I need it.
I=
have switched almost totally to HDBaseT point to point links with a HDMI t=
o HDMI Matirx. Done three so far and rock solid and repeatable system over
=
a single cat5e.=20

Oh, if you didn't know about HDBaseT it also carries IP(data), RS232 and
IR=
(in both directions!) on the same cable.

One thing I don't understand, why limit your CAT6 cables to 30m?

HTH

Vex.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Michael Hims" <michael@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I'm carrying out the final specs of my HA wiring plan and I've noticed
th=
at co-ax has been repeatedly suggested for TVs on here.
>=20
> With HDMI over Cat5 convertors coming in at sub =A320 now (http://cpc.far=
nell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=3DAV19971) do I really need to
ru=
n co-ax? Or have I missed the point? Just seems extra money to run yet
anot=
her cable type when there are already cables that will be run to support
HD=
video.
>=20
> Cheers,