RE: Replace a TIVO with ?

My vote goes to getting a reconditioned Topfield PVR ;the wife's
bedroom PV=
R was =A350 from eBay although they seem to be a bit dearer atm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Topfield-TF5810PVRt-Freeview-GRADED-NO-HDD-FITTED-/26=
0739128515?pt=3DUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=3Ditem3cb5435cc3

.. and then stick the "MyStuff" UI on it.

http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml

Fantastic PVR with many features of the Tivo.

The main thing that lets it down is the standard style remote that has its
=
buttons remapped to various functions (by MyStuff) so it can be a bit
diffi=
cult remembering all the key press combinations. It's the closest I've
come=
to standalone TiVo replacement so far.

Another option is to run GBPvr on your windows server and then simply
playb=
ack via XBMC, which is what I do in the main living room. Problem with
this=
is that scheduling and guide viewing has to be done via a webpage so requi=
res the use of the laptop.

Marcus