Re: Electricity meter clock error.

  • Subject: Re: Electricity meter clock error.
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:40:31 -0000

Knowingly overcharging is fraud.

Involve the press, and register a case with the police.  Send registered
post letters to the director of operations, and suggest they may be summons
to appear in court.  Directors love attending court, it's like putting a
Google ad on their CV, saying "Person is court-proven
incompetent.".

Dom
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Peter + Jane <pandj.munnoch@...> wrote:

> Posted on UK Selfbuild and UKHA
>

> Posted on UK Selfbuild and UKHA
>
> Hello all
> We are on Economy 10 for our new selfbuild all electric house (inc
GSHP).
> Last Spring I decided to check the BST time correction on the Multi
> Rate Series S meter supplied by SSE.
> What I found was that the "meter time" before the change was
1 hour
> behind "real time", so after the change, although it
advanced one
> hour, it was still one hour behind. At real mid-day it showed 11:00.
> Great, so with considerable care and the application of HA the heat
> pump, sauna, dishwasher, tumble drier, washing machine etc all
> switched on at the "real time" time corresponding to cheap
rate. But
> for the first (and highest demand) hour the meter was still  on high
rate.
> Big discussion with Southern Electricity. Debate about how to correct
> my billing. Eventually reached a reasonable but not generous
> solution, plus new meter fitted (old one was only 1 year old).
> We have just fitted PVs. Sunny day today. Generation exceeded demand
> so I went to look at the meter to ensure it wasn't showing any
consumption.
> Guess what. The clock is 1 hour behind again. It was OK at last time
> change, so sometime during the (cold) winter it changed.
> Here comes another battle.
> It makes me wonder how many customers have this happen to them and
> don't even realise. Is the clock "autonomous" or does it
receive
> synchronising  / BST / GMT alignment pulses from outside, if so how?
> Have any of you come across this problem before.
> I feel inclined to be less "accomodating" this time, to make
> calculated demand for correction (I have some OWL+usb data to ensure
> I don't lose out). Plus I feel I deserve compensation as this is
> outrageous. Any push back and I will readily involve the media or go
> to court, even though I resent the time these things take and feel
> that should be compensated as well. Maybe I should and will calm down.
> Appreciate the thoughts of others.
> Rgds
> Peter

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums