Re: Squeeze Play on Joggler

I have 3 jogglers running Squeezeplay. One is connected directly to a
pair of PC speakers on my desk, the other 2 are used as controllers for
Squeezebox Receivers. All 3 run Ubuntu, installed from the builds found
here: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/ubuntu/
The squeezebox server
software runs on my fileserver box.
I've converted them all to run from an SD card, as described here:
http://www.justblair.co.uk/extending-the-jogglers-usb-capabilities.html
which looks much better than having a USB stick sticking out the side,
and also means the USB socket is freed up to plug a keyboard into on the
odd occasion it's necessary.
The Squeezeplay interface works very well, the only issue I have found
is that synchronizing with a hardware player doesn't work very reliably.
If you're planning to feed the hi-fi directly from the joggler it's
probably worth experimenting with an external USB soundcard, various
reports indicate that even a cheap one gives better audio than the
joggler's internal soundcard.