Re: Smart meters

I also have a First Utility kWh meter and gas meter, I did the same as
Michael suggests and put another gas meter in series. (remember to use a
Gas Safe engineer etc)

The wiring for that meter, shows that it does have a anti-tamper loop and
reed switch which are NC so unplugging would possibly trigger some warning
as it's the same make and type as the one that First Utility fitted.

When I finish setting up the logging I was going to use a photo transister
arrangement to detect the pulses from the kWh meter into Idratek.

Regards

Richard

On 12 December 2011 21:51, Stuart Poulton <stuart@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Be aware that you need an enviR to make use of the optismart meter
readers
> from currentcost.
>
> Also, First utility make use of the magnet  reader in the Gas meter,
so
> not sure of a good way to get reading, I have pondered putting
something
> in-line, but suspect there is anti tamper in place.
>
> Optismart from CurrentCost@amazon here go.je/optismart
>
> Stuart
>
> On 12 Dec 2011, at 18:10, Michael Hims wrote:
>
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > Is there not a LED indicator that flashes at a rate dependant on
the
> usage?
> >
> > Current cost have a couple of meter sensors that are used for
this
> purpose....
> >
> > Cheers,

electronically