Re: [OT] VHS to PC converter recommendations

Yes, I've had a blue Pinnacle Dazzle USB converter for a good few
years now=
.

Looks like Item code A84FT on Maplin.co.uk but it's blue.

>From memory there were several in the range, the cheap ones used CPU
power
to convert the video to MPEG2, the usb box was just a frame grabber, I had
loads of trouble with it and took it back for one of the more expensive
one=
which had a MPEG2 converter chip in the box and could work with slower PC
(that said I have a pretty powerful PC at the time).
The blue Dazzle has converted 100's of hours of VHS tapes to DVD and .AVIs
=
.
I'd give the exact details off the box, but it's been doing the rounds of
the friends and relations for the last 2 or 3 years... :)

Lee

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There=92s a plethora of =93kits=94 below =A3100 which allow conversion
of=
old VHS
> tapes to DVD but before I pick one at (almost) random, does anyone
have
> particular recommendations of which one to go for, or which to avoid??
It=
=92s
> only for home movies, nothing professional, but if there=92s a good
one o=
ut
> there sub-=A3100 I=92d be interested.
>

> Requirements are Windows XP SP3 and USB or Firewire connectivity
preferre=