From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rb_ziggy
Sent: 29 November 2010 20:28
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Logitech to replace Pronto?

Neil

Thanks - I did wonder about the room scheme. Does the 1100 give some
capability along these lines.

Also - supplementary - I noticed that the One does not have Red, Green,
Yellow, Blue buttoms but the 900 does. Any idea how the One gives this
functionality on Sky?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Neil
Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> You cannot create your existing room-based scheme on the Logitech as
it is
> purely activity-based. The closest you could manage would be to have
"Watch
> TV in Lounge", Watch TV in Kitchen" etc. Logitech also do
not support
macros
> except for during the Activity selection so once within an activity
you
will
> only be able to use single commands.
>

> If you need RF control of hidden kit then you need to look at the
Harmony
> 900 and 1100 models. The 900 is similar to the One with the addition
of RF
> although I found my 900 to have much poorer range compared to the 895
and
> 1100 I have used.
>

> Neil B.
>

> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On Behalf
Of
> rb_ziggy
> Sent: 28 November 2010 16:16
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [ukha_d] Logitech to replace Pronto?
>

> After about 8 years of solid service my Pronto suffered terminal
damage
> after the kids dropped it one time too many. Now has a cracked screen
across
> the diagonal. Strangely, the top half still works but it really has
had
it.

> So, as Pronto is no more from Philips what is the closest alternative?
>
> I've had a look at Harmony One and 1100. Any views?
>
> I use the Pronto in quite a sophisticated way, I have it set up by
room at
> the top level and then watch / listen / lights as a submenu.
>
> Then pressing watch then takes you to DVD / SKY / Popcorn etc and each
one
> turns on tv, the source, (switches tv to that source) and switches on
the
AV
> Amp etc.
>
> For the Home Control, Lights takes you to a submenu which allows
scenes to
> be selected; an alternative submenu takes you to a specific light set
that
> can switch on/off or dim to preset levels (This is all good old X10).
There
> are other menus for garden (light and fountains) etc.
>
> I'd really like to keep this type of menu / functionality - the family
are
> complaining about having to use 4-5 remotes again!
>
> So could the Harmony One do this? Or do I have to go to the Harmony
1100.
Or
> is there something else I should look at.
>
> Thanks all.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums