Re: Logitech to replace Pronto?

  • Subject: Re: Logitech to replace Pronto?
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:27:55 -0000

Neil

Thanks - I did wonder about the room scheme.  Does the 1100 give some
capability along these lines.

Also - supplementary - I noticed that the One does not have Red, Green,
Yellow, Blue buttoms but the 900 does.  Any idea how the One gives this
functionality on Sky?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> You cannot create your existing room-based scheme on the Logitech as
it is
> purely activity-based. The closest you could manage would be to have
"Watch
> TV in Lounge", Watch TV in Kitchen" etc. Logitech also do
not support macros
> except for during the Activity selection so once within an activity
you will
> only be able to use single commands.
>

> If you need RF control of hidden kit then you need to look at the
Harmony
> 900 and 1100 models. The 900 is similar to the One with the addition
of RF
> although I found my 900 to have much poorer range compared to the 895
and
> 1100 I have used.
>

> Neil B.

There
> are other menus for garden (light and fountains) etc.
>
> I'd really like to keep this type of menu / functionality - the family
are
> complaining about having to use 4-5 remotes again!
>
> So could the Harmony One do this? Or do I have to go to the Harmony
1100. Or
> is there something else I should look at.
>
> Thanks all.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums