From: rb_ziggy=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: 28 November 2010 16:15
Subject: [ukha_d] Logitech to replace Pronto?

=20=20=20=20
After about 8 years of solid service my Pronto suffered terminal damage a=
fter the kids dropped it one time too many. Now has a cracked screen
across=
the diagonal. Strangely, the top half still works but it really has had it=
.

So, as Pronto is no more from Philips what is the closest alternative?=20

I've had a look at Harmony One and 1100. Any views?

I use the Pronto in quite a sophisticated way, I have it set up by room a=
t the top level and then watch / listen / lights as a submenu.=20

Then pressing watch then takes you to DVD / SKY / Popcorn etc and each on=
e turns on tv, the source, (switches tv to that source) and switches on
the=
AV Amp etc.=20

For the Home Control, Lights takes you to a submenu which allows scenes t=
o be selected; an alternative submenu takes you to a specific light set
tha=
t can switch on/off or dim to preset levels (This is all good old X10).
The=
re are other menus for garden (light and fountains) etc.

I'd really like to keep this type of menu / functionality - the family ar=
e complaining about having to use 4-5 remotes again!

So could the Harmony One do this? Or do I have to go to the Harmony 1100.=
Or is there something else I should look at.=20

Thanks all.=20

=20=20

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums