RE: Keeping node0 cool...

When I built (or rather my builder built) my new node 0 in my loft
conversi=
on, I put in a large very high flow axial fan - cost around =A3400 IIRC.
(t=
his is physically quite big too - industrial sized). This has a huge
airflo=
w and is variably controlled by CBus. The extract is at high level above
tw=
o rack cabinets that house all the AV kit plus 4 servers. Inlet is from
the=
north facing front of the house under the eaves.

So far, last summer, it kept node 0 fairly cool - at least as cool as
ambie=
nt outside temp - without the huge expense of AC.

Previously, I had Node 0 in a double cupboard. Temps would soar to ambient
=
+ 20C - which caused a load of problems. I installed a standard bathroom
in=
line extract and ran it 24/7, venting to outside. This was OK and did help
=
a lot but these cheap fans just aren't designed for 24/7 running. I found
I=
had to replace it every year or so when the bearings failed a couple of ti=
mes.

Must get some pics sorted of node 0 !

Paul.

cupboard under
> the
> stairs) and found the hard drive was corrupt. Re-imaging it and then
> updating from the backups :)
> got it working again. Since then it's been on the desk in my study,
and
> it's
> been 100% solid, no restarts/lock ups nothing. I put this down to the
> temperature in N0, it was getting a bit hot in there.
>=20
> I've drilled a 4" hole in the wall of N0 (going back into the
hallway)
> and
> put a duct through, then trimmed 1/2" off the bottom of the door.
This