Re: Keeping node0 cool...

Hi,

I'm going to echo Andy here.

Is there anyting in place to stop air simply being drawn from the front
of the rack to the exhaust without it passing through the server / gap
at the rear of the shelf.  If not then you're mainly reliant on
convection for the air at the back of the servers to make it's way to
the exhaust point (fan) for the rack / cupboard.

I'd be interested to know what the air temps are for air entering and
leaving the server ie directly at the front and rear.

Cheers

Stuart

wrote:

> > If the kit is in a rack, I'd make sure it's got sides and a door
and
> then
> > stick a fan tray in the top to draw the air from the bottom to
the top,
> > then
> > you'll need a way to get rid of the excess hot air out of the top
- some
> > racks can have chimneys to help with this.
> >
> > Other thing to consider is what's the temperature of the air
coming in -
> > the
> > higher that is the less cooling effect it provides
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums