Re: Folding Plug wins Brit Insurance Design of the Year 2010

  • Subject: Re: Folding Plug wins Brit Insurance Design of the Year 2010
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:01:50 -0000

Very nice idea.

Thought I'd that I've been using a 'slimplug' www.slimplug.com for a
couple=
of years.

Solved the problem of a compact laptop and small bag with giant UK plug
for=
me. Then I just had to shell out =A370 to get a small, slimline PSU for a =
Dell laptop but at least that came with a figure of 8 power socket rather
t=
han the 'only Dell' usual version on their standard ones...

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Nick Austin <nick.w.austin@...> wrote:

> A neat bit of design:
> http://www.dezeen.com/2009/06/29/folding-plug-by-min-kyu-choi/
>=20
> The red dot on the end confused me at first, but it's the fuse holder.
>=20
> A video by the designer showing how it works:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Df6DvjKkGT6s
>=20
> Nick.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums