RE: Folding Plug wins Brit Insurance Design of the Year 2010

Yeah that is a great solution to the insanely sized UK plug. Saw it
all over
the design blogs last year.

The only change I would suggest is that the order of unfolding is reversed
to the cover goes into place before you can rotate the pins, that way no
one
can connect it with the cover not in place and have no finger protection
from the pins. Not sure how big a deal that is since the pins are shrouded
(not like those insane USA plugs) but would be better from a user safety
perspective. I don't know how detailed the UK plug standard is, but when I
was looking into AS3112 for an AU/NZ plug, it was crazy complicated with
finger gaps etc and would not have allowed for something like this as it is
not the standard plug, things here are pretty strict about what you can put
on appliances to stop people bringing in foregn plugs and selling things
with dangerous travel adapters.

Could see that extended to a small area at the end of a powerstrip for
several of them and then 3-4 normal outlets for things without them on it

Dunno about that USB accessory tho - uses 2 mains bays when if it went in
the outermost one could leave the other 2 free.