Re: Re: ipad wifi & Draytek

One extra tip I would like to add that I've found using my iPod Touch,
when I'm on the edge of range of any previously known wifi networks, the
ipod often comes up with its 'I can see these networks' dialogue and ask to
connect. If I tap on my own network and connect, it will always ask for my
passkey - even though it has previously been entered.

I've found that if ever that happens then just 'cancel' the dialogue box
that appears - to which the ipod then just manages to figure it out again
and connect.

If it's being overly stubborn - then going into the network settings,
turning it 'off and on again' normally sorts it. Beats retyping in the
passkey each time.

Cheers
Wayne.

On 23 Jun 2010, at 13:54, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Both Me & SWMBO get that issue "intermittently" -
apparently no rhyme or reason to when it occurs, doesn't always happen to
us both at the same time... - often we'll be sat next to each other
browsing on our iPods, and one of us will lose WiFi...

> As you said, whenever it happens, a simple "forget this
network" & immediate reconnection will always sort it out... -
PITA though, as I have a long PSK key...

> It "seemed" to happen more frequently a whille ago, - I
don't recall its occurred for me for at least a week or 3 now... but I
don't think it's completely cured... - unless iOS 4 has fixed an issue?...
- I've done mine, SWMBO hasn't so perhaps we'll see a difference...

> This is with Netgear dedicate WiFi AP.
>

> Paul G.
>

>> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>> From: UKHA@xxxxxxx
>> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:05:36 +0000
>> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: ipad wifi & Draytek
>>

>> I'm using a 16gig wi-fi with a 2800G (I'm fairly sure it's a
2800G).

>> Speed's pretty good for me, even with my dodgy broadband. The only
issue that I've had so far is that one time I started getting intermittent
wi-fi connectivity. To solve it I had to wait until it connected, then
select 'Forget this network' and then reattach it to my network and it's
been fine ever since.