RE: Re: Confused by Current Cost

OK some more info on this.

I went into the CurrentCost software and exported the data to the CSV files
for hours, days and months.

I then totalled up the hourly and daily readings to get individual monthly
totals.

Below are the results. The hourly and daily totals pretty much agree but
the
monthly totals vary quite a lot. Just in case it doesn't line up properly
when posted, the columns are

Month
Totalled Hourly readings for month
Totalled Daily readings for month
Monthly readings for month
Discrepancy between hourly and daily readings %
Discrepancy between daily and monthly readings %

Feb 09 was when I got CurrentCost so that is only a partial month but
doesn't explain the error

I was away from the 24th Nov - 8th Dec 09 so I didn't download data for a
while but why is a third of the monthly data missing ?

For Jun 10 the hourly and daily reading total up to what the display on the
CC says yet the monthly reading is almost 17% high!

The first row shows the totals since I got the current cost and overall the
hourly and daily data is within 1% but the monthly is almost 5% higher

Current Cost Reading

Month	Hourly	Daily	Monthly	HD	MD

Totals	13888	14015	14686	-0.9	4.6

Feb-09	539	556	1118	-3.1	50.3	New CC
Mar-09	994	1143	1118	-13.0	-2.2
Apr-09	833	838	1010	-0.6	17.0	????
May-09	735	735	721	0.0	-1.9
Jun-09	710	713	730	-0.4	2.3
Jul-09	780	781	721	-0.1	-8.3
Aug-09	807	802	749	0.6	-7.1
Sep-09	795	795	798	0.0	0.4
Oct-09	754	739	781	2.0	5.4
Nov-09	742	742	743	0.0	0.1
Dec-09	939	899	676	4.4	-33.0	Away 2 weeks
Jan-10	1012	1027	1044	-1.5	1.6
Feb-10	879	869	971	1.2	10.5	????
Mar-10	953	964	923	-1.1	-4.4
Apr-10	913	910	924	0.3	1.5
May-10	892	891	925	0.1	3.7
Jun-10	611	611	734	0.0	16.8	????

The graph for the monthly usage agrees with the monthly data.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums