Re: Confused by Current Cost

  • Subject: Re: Confused by Current Cost
  • From: "timdawe99" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:13:36 -0000

I haven't look at the history data on mine, but I did notice a while back
that the "Energy Now" displayed on the screen was sometimes
different from the value returned in the XML.  It seemed to be consistently
out by around 280W (higher on the display, which is the opposite of what
you're seeing) when consumption was above about 2.5KW.

I e-mailed CurrentCost about it and they said that the XML figure was
correct, and that "At higher consumption levels the transmitter can
generate noise which the CT sensor will record and hence can distort the
figure shown on the display".

Not quite sure I see how noise from the transmitter would affect the figure
on the display and not in the XML, but there you go.

Maybe the history suffers from similar discrepancies?

Tim

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just downloaded the data from my CurrentCost and the graph shows....
>
> JUNE 2010 - 731 units
>
> The front of the display says ....
>
> Last 30 Days - 611 units
>
> .... not by my way of thinking the last 30 days WERE June 2010 so why
the
> discrepancy of 120 units ???
>
> I know Current Cost isn't 100% reliable in terms of accurately
monitoring
> the true usage of the house but surely the data is sends to the PC
should
> agree with the display on the front of the thing !!!
>
> Anyone else noticing problems like this ?
>
> Keith

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums