RE: The end of s-video?

Just be aware that HDMI *IS* the bastard spawn of Satan and a
maggot-ridden
dead goat with herpes ... going point-to-point it's generally fine but as
soon as you try switching/splitting/extracting audio from it can become a
complete nightmare - often unreliable and unstable and sometimes simply
unworkable but always seemingly without rhyme or reason.

Phil

Manufacturers
> seem to be dropping it from their specs in favour of fully digital
> interconnects.  Understandable I guess but a bit frustrating.
> >
> > Be warned!!!
> >

> > Unfortunately, I think this also means that I'll be looking for a
new
> solution to take the place of KAT-5 (sorry Keith). Composite is really
> not good enough.
> >
> > Trouble is I need HDMI plus IR return control over 1 cat5 cable.
> At the moment I can find HDMI over 1 cat 5 or HDMI plus IR over 2
> cables.  Unfortunately I only ran 2 cat 5 cables to the position where
> the AV cabinet is. The other one is already doubled to carry  ethernet
> plus phone.
> >
> > Who was it who said you can never lay too much cat 5?
> >
> > Looks like I may have to take some runs from another (double)
cat5