Re: low power server question

Just to agree with Keiths comment on E7, I used have it a few years
ago, an=
despite running the washing machine and dishwash, and heating a bit of
wate=
on E7, I couldn't hit the % needed to make E7 worthwhile. After starting to
take daily/weekly readings of the elecy meter and doing the sums, E7 was
costing me =A32.50/month, and causing a lot of hassle (leaving washing til
midnight etc). So I binned it.
Last time I checked the cost gap was even wider due to the increase in
elec=
prices.

So I'd take some meter readings and check if E7 is worth it, check your
elecy trariff, every time I move (usually annually) I seem to save =A3100+.

With all the cost of the hardware, it may be cheaper just to make your
server power down when you're not using it, that'll be free!

Otherwise check this site http://www.earth.org.uk/low-power-laptop.html
The
guy has been working for years on low power servers, and powering them with
Solar Elecy... :)

Lee

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums