RE: low power server question

=20

> I've converted my HA server to run on a low powered server,=20
> which according to my power meter consumes about 16.5W, so=20
> lets call it 20 for safety.=20=20
>=20
> My underlying reason for doing this is to lower the cost of=20
> power and at present something like 2/3 of our usage (in=20
> units) is daytime.
>=20

I think you are going about this all wrong !!!

As others have said, the ineffiencies of using a UPS and also the capital
cost of purchasing said equipment will probably not be cost effective given
how low the consumption of the server is in the first place.

Many moons ago I had economy 7 and had dishwasher, washing machine, tumble
drier etc set to operate on off peak electricity. It worked quite well for
=
few years with about 2/3 of my usage off peak.

However, things changed DRASTICALLY once the kids came along and it became
necessary to use said devices during the day as well. My energy usage
pattern flipped and like you I ended up using 2/3 at PEAK rates.

I saved loads of money by changing from Economy 7 back to a single tariff
a=
on Economy 7 the daytime rate was more expensive than the single tariff
rate. Now I can use what I like when I like without worrying about the time
of day.

I saved even more money once I got my Currentcost and trimmed =A320 per
mon=
th
of my bills ;)

HTH