Re: CBus Touch Screens and CBus Wiser

  • Subject: Re: CBus Touch Screens and CBus Wiser
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:48:49 -0000

Many thanks for your reply Paul, it looks like it should do everything
I need although I do have an additional quick question for those people
using Wiser.

If I read the previous messages correctly the web access etc stops if the
CNI is in Toolkit mode.

I am using a couple of Pronto 9600's and they are using the pronto
application that connects to C-Gate (which runs remotely on my whs box) in
order to control lighting functions.

Will this still work okay in parallel to the wiser control or will the
Wiser interpret any input from C-Gate as forcing it to CNI mode and
cancelling all other connections.

Not sure I explained the question well but hope you get the idea.

Regards

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Pauls Hotmail" <paul_gordon@...>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm not very far into my Wiser forays, I've only had one for a few
days, and
> thus far haven't been able to get it fully functional (overly
complicated
> setup requirements don't even begin to cover it!), but in the process
I have
> discovered a number of things which address some of your queries...
>
> The wiser router is for the most part, a perfectly standard Ethernet
LAN/WAN
> router, with a little bit extra tacked on to provide the wiser
> functionality. As far as the router config is concerned, I've poked
around
> in mine and pretty much everything you would normally expect to find
in a
> modern day broadband router is there, and is configurable. It does
appear to
> support uPNP configuration if required - the option is there in the
> interface, although I don't use it. If WHS requires/supports uPNP for
router
> config, then I imagine it should work fine...
>
> Some of the complication alluded to in my opening paragraph arises
from the
> fact that it is designed to slot into an existing network in a number
of
> different ways, one of which absolutely is the scenario you describe
where
> it REPLACES your existing broadband router. - If that suits your needs
that
> it absolutely should work in that way. - For me it didn't suit, since
the
> wiser router doesn't have an inbuilt VPN server (it has VPN
*pass-through*)
> and I make extensive use of the ability to VPN into my vigor to get on
my
> home network. Giving that up would require that I configure a VPN
service
> somewhere on my LAN to replace the functionality currently provided by
the
> vigor.
>
> I don't have any CBUS touchscreens, so I can't offer any opinion on
the
> integration (or not) between those & Wiser.
>
> HTH
>
> Paul G.

WHS
> > doesn't get on with my Vigor router at all and remote access is
non
> > existent.
> >
> > I assume the Wiser just plugs into my network where my existing
Vigor