RE: Re: cbus Wiser config agony

[ Paul Gordon Says:]

I *believe* so, - is there anything more than the settings on the
"Options2"
dialog that I should be checking? - All I've verified thus far are these
settings:

Wiser Properties: (the 2nd of the 3 tabs)
Wiser IP Address: 192.168.145.245 (this *really is* the Wisers' IP, I can
connect to it on this IP in a browser)
Unit Name: My Wiser        (I presume I'm *setting* this here, so I can use
whatever I want?)
Unit password: xxxxxxxxx   (This is the Wiser router admin password as used
to logon to the router admin pages)
Tools password: XXXX       (I believe this is something I'm *setting* at
this point, so I can use any numeric code?)
CNI Properties:
CNI IP Address: 192.168.145.246    (this *really is* the CNI's IP, I've
connected & used Toolkit to this address, and I've pointed a browser at
it)
CNI Port: 10001

Permit Access to Wiser Home Control: (on the 3rd of the 3 tabs)
Enable Toolkit Control: Ticked
Enable Projector Control: Ticked
Enable Project Update: Ticked
Remote Wiser Properties:
URL/IP address: 192.168.145.245 (this is actually the internal IP of the
wiser)
Port: pre-set and fixed at 8336
Use Wiser as LAN Device:
Allow Access from Wiser LAN ports: Ticked
Gateway address: 192.168.145.254 (this is my real LAN gateway)
DNS1: 192.168.145.1  (this is my internal DNS server, which forwards to
Virgin Media's)
DNS2: 192.468.45.254 (this is my real router that does DNS proxying)

> Can you connect via wireless, as i had a few problem connecting over
> lan, but wireless coonected and up load fine.

[ Paul Gordon Says:]

Hahaha! - that was another thing I wasn't going to mention, but which also
struck me as being particularly poorly designed!.. - the unit ships with
wireless security enabled, but thus far I've seen no mention in any
documentation of what the WPA-PSK passphrase is!!! - so yes, I could SEE
the
wireless network pretty much straight away, but there was no way I could
connect to it until AFTER I'd connected via a wired connection & turned
the
wifi security off!

> Ben

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums