Re: Which unlimited broadband?

Guys,

I am with Be which is owned by O2 and I get great service and support -
but=
I am on an unbundled exchange using Be/O2s own network.

When I moved I contacted BT who told me I could only get 512Kb on a line
th=
at was getting 8Mb from Bulldog (now that was truly awful customer
service)=
.  Be unbunled the line at around 11Mb rock solid, about 1.2Mb up.

Adrian

On 8 Feb 2010, at 13:55, chrisnharris@xxxxxxx wrote:

>=20
> Hmmm.. I'm moving house and was thinking of going with O2.... now I'm
not=
so sure. Has anyone had a good experience of them?
>=20
> Chris.
>=20
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>=20
out o=
ur local ISP and put everyone on 8.0M adsl max. My connection instantly
dro=
pped to around 20 to 40kb/s. Anyway, after a few months of getting nowhere
=
with Demon I went to the local exchange and had a chat with a manager
there=
- he arranged for our line to be put back to a managed 512kb/s connnection=
. We always get a fixed connection speed and no contention.
> Might be worth asking your ISP if they can sort out a fixed line
speed, m=
ight cost a bit more - we pay =A325 pm with static IP.
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Simon
>=20
> .
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20

I sho=
uld
> >get 4.5mbits but I actually get about 450-500kbits ... I've tried
report=
ing
> >it as a fault to BT but they've just referred me back to some
obscure pa=
ge
> >which states that for a supposedly 8mbit line anything over
400kbits is
> >deemed "acceptable"...
> >
> >Phil

handle t=
he
> > > number of customers/usage they have) i'm about to kick off
and do
> > > everything possible to get out of my contract on the grounds
of the
> > > appalling service they're providing. Nearly three minutes to
load AH
> > > home page!!
> > >
> > > So...previously I was with Andrews and Arnold which whilst
perfect
> > > service wise were pretty expensive, so has anyone got a
recommendatio=