From: Peter + Jane=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: 08 February 2010 10:22
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Which unlimited broadband?

=20=20=20=20
Phil
Can you post a link to that "obscure page" please?
I am on unlimited O2 on a rural Isle of Wight=20
exchange with only 400 subscribers. O2, Orange,=20
TalkTalk and maybe others resell BT "service".=20
Ranges between 5400kb/s and 50kb/s. I have been=20
using the Jack Dinn speed check since Mark=20
mentioned it before Christmas. Weekends are worst=20
(unsurprisingly). When reselling BT (ie no=20
unbundling) does the contention ratio change from=20
seller to seller. Planning to complain to=20
O2...Sonos stops and VOIP is hopeless, but=20
question is can anyone else do better. Option of=20
a "business connection" ie no contention is an=20
expensive alternative. Any thoughts?
Rgds
Peter
At 22:35 07/02/2010, you wrote:

>*chuckle* I have the opposite problem - postcode/line checker says I
sho=
uld
>get 4.5mbits but I actually get about 450-500kbits ... I've tried
report=
ing
>it as a fault to BT but they've just referred me back to some obscure
pa=
ge
>which states that for a supposedly 8mbit line anything over 400kbits is
>deemed "acceptable"...
>
>Phil

handle t=
he
> > number of customers/usage they have) i'm about to kick off and do
> > everything possible to get out of my contract on the grounds of
the
> > appalling service they're providing. Nearly three minutes to load
AH
> > home page!!
> >
> > So...previously I was with Andrews and Arnold which whilst
perfect
> > service wise were pretty expensive, so has anyone got a
recommendatio=